Monday, May 2, 2011

Home Improvement

My schedule doesn't match up very well with Mike's anymore. We went from being together 24/7, because we had all our classes together, to not seeing each other until 6 every night. He works from 7-2 Monday, Wednesday and Friday and then has class until 6. And on Tuesday and Thursday he works from 7-4 and then I have class from 4-6. Since I do not have a job, I am going to start filling my time with useful things, such as blogging :) 

Anyways, today I went to Home Depot and I got some things that we needed to take care of our little home. I got light bulbs, super glue (who doesn't need that right?) and some rubber thing for the shower. Our light outside has been out for probably about 4 or 5 months so first I changed that. Then I glued the dumb knob on one of our drawers that comes off every single time you grab it. And then I did the hardest project ever. Ok, maybe not ever but it was hard. I bought the little rubber strip that is supposed to go on the bottom of the shower door to keep in water because our shower makes a giant puddle outside every time we use it. The strip had a little notch at the top that you are supposed to feed into a matching (but opposite) notch on the bottom of the shower door. Sounds simple enough right? Well it turns out our shower door doesn't have said notch. I was trying to figure out ways to glue it on when I found a notch in this little plastic rail thing that used to be sitting in the bottom of the door frame until we caulked it there when we were tired of kicking it out every time we stepped over it. So I thought "Oh I just have to thread this rubber thing through that plastic thing and that should work. So I started to do that. This plastic thing is 2.5 feet long and after the first 2-3 inches of threading I thought I'd never finish. I so wanted to wait for Mike to come home so that he could do it, especially when I got to the last 3 inches. But I really wanted to surprise him with all my productivity. I literally sat on the ground and stared at it for 10 or 15 minutes before I decided to tough it out and do the last 3 inches. It took me over an hour and a half. My back is killing me and my hands are so tender from pulling on rubber so hard for so long. But lets hope that I fixed the problem and that Mike is proud of his little wifey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment