Thursday, November 17, 2011

Day 5 - How important do I think education is?

Before I answer this question let me just say that I just got back from seeing the Breaking Dawn premiere. But not the midnight premiere. The 6:00 PM premiere. And let me tell you, that is the way to do it. I wasn't exhausted, and I was so happy when it got over and it was only 8 o'clock!

Anyways, to the blogging topic of the day. I obviously think that education is pretty important since I've decided to make it my life. When I originally started my elementary education major I did it because I like kids and I like teaching and I know it'd be something that I'd enjoy. But what I love about all my classes is that they are making me take on all these new perspectives on teaching and learning. I also get a lot of my views on education from my religion. I believe that God has given us a very special gift by giving us each the opportunity to gain knowledge. 

Some people take their education for granted. There are a lot of people in this country that want to go to school and can't because they can't afford it or they aren't allowed to because of the laws that are in place. They just want to learn. I think that everyone should be given an opportunity to have an education and that we should all strive to learn as much as we can. 

Education is important so that we can make a contribution to the world. There is no reason to go to school for 20 years and not do anything with it when you are done.

But more importantly, I think that people should always strive to continue learning. Reading is a great way to do that. Don't let your education end when you get a degree. Be excited about learning and help your children be excited about it as well.

Learning rocks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment